We are located at:
1020 County Road 4930
Leonard, TX 75452
We are a leisurely 35 minute drive southeast of Sherman, TX and a 32 minute drive northeast of McKinney, TX. Once on CR 4930, the venue is seven tenths of a mile off of State Hwy 78 North. You can’t miss us . . . look for the 180ft tall West Leonard Water Tower and that’s 4930.
Your reservation at Whispering Waters Ranch (WWR) includes:
- Onsite Host and Venue Management for the day
- 14 hours onsite (10:00 am to 12 Midnight)
- WWR ~ The venue has 3944 sq feet of climate controlled space with 18 tons of AC
- 3000 sq feet is used for our indoor ceremony, dining and entertainment space
- 150 wooden cross back chairs and 18 60″ round reception tables (seats 8) to accommodate 150 guests, including two custom hand-made 8’ wooden farm head tables (seats 10-12), four 8’ buffet serving tables, one 6’ buffet serving table, one 6’ custom handmade wooden dessert table and 6 wine barrels. Full setup and teardown of tables and chairs with your chosen floor plan is also included. Includes a prep area.
- Full set up and tear down of tables and chairs with your chosen floor plan is also included. Includes a prep area.
- 1638 sq feet of covered wrap-around porches overlooking a 3 acre lake and outdoor ceremony area for your guests to enjoy the natural scenic beauty of the outdoors or for use during cocktail hour
- Indoor/outdoor dance floor area, DJ/photo booth area
- Indoor/outdoor custom sound
- Indoor/outdoor bar
- Custom outdoor dimmable lighting
- The Outdoor Ceremony ~ This area is within 50ft and adjacent to the venue.
- The wooden benches will Seat 165 guests overlooking the 3 acre lake while surrounded by 50+ year old pecan trees which make a natural canopy for the bride and guest to remain in the shade for the duration of the ceremony and afterparty entertainment. The 3 acre lake is a stunning backdrop for your outdoor vows.
- A 7.5’X 7′ natural cedar arbor is removable to accommodate a bride wishing to bring their own
- Bridal Suite with private entrance, dressing area, hair and makeup area, private restroom, and seating area
- Groom’s Room with private entrance, private access to men’s restroom, dry bar, lounging area, and flat screen TV
- Custom outdoor lighting for you and your guest to enjoy the outdoors
- We have a half-acre lighted parking lot
- Parking attendant is provided by WWR
- 1-hour onsite Rehearsal
- Venue owners that genuinely care about helping you make your special wedding day dreams come true!
Yes! You may bring your own alcohol. WWR does require that you choose one of our approved bartenders which are TABC certified and insured. With written approval from WWR Management an exception may be considered permitting “The Host” to select their own insured TABC Bartending service. In addition, WWR requires “The Host” to book security directly with the venue. Payment for the security is between “The Host” and security. WWR’s approved Bartenders and security are required to be onsite anytime alcohol is being served and similar to the caterers, they will complete the bar cleanup as well.
The bar must close at 10:30 pm. This will allow “The Host” and their vendors ample time to clean their space and remove their items from the venue by 12:00 midnight.
For the safety of your guest, WWR does not permit glass beer bottles. Wine bottles are allowed at the bar. Only canned drinks and plastic bottles will be allowed inside/outside of the facility without permission of WWR Management. This does not include servicing glassware by caterers. In addition to beer/wine, our couples are permitted to serve 2 signature drinks when served by the TABC bartender.
Your wedding day is a private event on private property, cash bars are not allowed. We do not charge a corkage fee, nor do we oversee where you provision your alcohol. Guests of the host are not allowed to BYOB.
Yes, sparklers are permitted and must be extinguished in the provided sand buckets. Fireworks must be pre-approved with written permission from WWR Management. Weather conditions and local laws may determine use of fireworks.
At WWR we hold to the same standard that all venues adhere to. No free-standing subwoofers and no tape on the floors. WWR provides a custom in-house sound system for your indoor/outdoor ceremony and entertainment. Our preferred list of DJs are familiar with our sound system and the option to use. Outdoor sound must be turned off at 10:00 pm with the indoor sound being turned down at the designated time.
10:00 am ~ 12:00am. Check-in is at 10:00 am
At WWR we are flexible with your arrival time. Our preferred check-in time is 10:00 am. Although, for our brides with a mid day or early afternoon ceremony, please visit directly with our Venue Manager so we may further accommodate your needs.
The reception concludes at 10:30 pm allowing time for guest departure and cleanup before midnight. There is an additional hourly late departure fee beginning at 12:01 am.
WWR will take care of making sure our venue is cleaned prior to your arrival. Some of the after event cleaning is the renters’ responsibility as well as the full removal of all decorations, personal items, vendor items, food, and trash. All trash must be dumped in designated dumpster located near the venue rear exit. You do not have to detail sweep, mop or clean the toilets! Vendors must clean their area as well and be vacated by the end of rental time. WWR does not offer next day clean up. We understand that busing tables and emptying trash cans are one of the last things you want to be responsible for on your wedding day, so WWR has wait staff available for a nominal fee. “The Host” will make payment directly to the wait staff.
Yes. WWR will have a venue manager and or venue host onsite throughout your entire rental period. The venue hall will be set up to your specifications when you arrive. Our staff will be available to make changes if necessary. Our venue host/manager are not wedding coordinators or day of’s. “The Host” is welcome to hire and bring one of their own or WWR will be happy to provide you our preferred vendor list for those services. WWR has wait staff available for a nominal fee. “The Host” will make payment directly to the wait staff.
WWR’s venue manager/host is here to help answer any questions you may have and monitor rental agreement/contract compliance to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all parties. During your event, the venue host/manager will monitor the temperature, lighting, ensure sufficient stock of bathroom tissue, paper towels, etc.
Yes, they are required to carry a minimum of $1,000,000 policy and must be approved. If a vendor does not have insurance they can purchase a day of policy at theeventhelp.com. They still need to be approved prior to hiring. Proof of day of insurance must be presented 15 days prior to your scheduled event.
WWR requires you to purchase day of insurance to cover the rental party, with WWR listed as additionally insured (certificate holder). Day of policies will not cover bartending. Bartenders are required to have Liquor Liability that covers to serve. These policies are available for a nominal fee when using www.wedsafe.com or ewedinsurance.com to obtain coverage
WWR is excited to announce we are now accepting bookings! Please reach out to us to see if your special date is still available!
WWR is a not only a beautiful setting for our brides “best day ever”. Our Venue can accommodate:
Elopements – WWR has a perfect setting for a more intimate “I do”. You bring the officiant and we’ll take care of the rest. Forty guest limit.
Wedding vow renewal – renew your vows by the lake or on the island and toast to your memorable years under the moonlight and stars.
Wedding anniversaries – whether it’s the 1st or the 71st, each one is a milestone and should be celebrated. You can celebrate this special occasion sitting under the covered wrap-around porch overlooking the lake or by spending time with family and friends sitting out under our pecan grove seating area adjacent to the venue. No worries about the weather…Plan B is always available.
Memorial Services for your special loved one – WWR provides families a way to memorialize a loved one’s passing by surrounding yourself with all nature has to offer. A time to share stories of the past while breathing in fresh country air and enjoying the great outdoors.
Family reunions – WWR has a preferred vendor list that includes delicious BBQ. Guests are welcome to have a “potluck” . . . just know the approved vendors will take care of serving your family and leave the clean up to the vendor. WWR has an extra charge for clean up.
Corporate Events – WWR has a 3 acre stocked lake. Fishing is permitted catch and release. WWR will work directly with you to determine if we are a fit for your specific event. With 83 acres surely we can!
Please contact us for pricing and availability.
Have more questions? We’d love to answer them…please drop us an email or call us direct at the Venue.